Play comics is a show that looks at video games based on comic properties and how well they stick to the source material. If you’re wanting to come on the show to talk about something that you’ve made that wouldn’t otherwise be covered on the show then you want to be looking at the Creator Guest page instead.
You’ll notice that I didn’t say comic books, and for good reason. Comics in all forms are welcome here. Newspaper strips, manga, doesn’t matter. The important part is that the comic came first (or in the case of Transformers the comic came at the same time as other things but definitely before the game and I just want a good excuse to talk about Transformers).
What I Expect From Guests
- An hour or so of your time (if things get rolling well we can always go longer)
- Work with me on the “when” of recording. I’m in EST and can record as soon as I get home from work in the evening (never earlier than 7 pm Eastern but check current traffic patterns with me to make sure) or weekends basically anytime. We’ll make this work.
- A passing knowledge of the topic you pick. I mean, you did pick the topic so I’m assuming you somewhat know about it. You certainly don’t need to be an expert. A list of what’s coming up is at the bottom of this page.
- Decent (or better) microphone. We can test this out if you’re unsure.
- Links to where you’d like links to because sharing is fun
Upcoming Games to be Scheduled
This certainly isn’t everything that I have left to cover by any means. But I’ve found that showing someone a list of 200+ games and asking them to only look at the top of the list just doesn’t work. So if there’s something you really want to be on for that isn’t here feel free to ask about it. The full list is available upon request.
- Destiny of an Empire (1990; NES)
- Zen: Intergalactic Ninja (1993; NES, Gameboy)
- The Space Adventure (1995; Sega CD)
- Spy vs Spy (1999; Game Boy Color)
- Lucky Luke (2000; PS1)
- KISS Psycho Circus – The Nightmare Child
- Batman: Gotham City Racer (2001; PlayStation)
- Smurf Racer (2001; PlayStation, Microsoft Windows)
- Spider-Man: Mysterio’s Menace (2001; Game Boy Advance)
- Men in Black: The Series – Crashdown (2001; PlayStation)
- X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse (2001; Game Boy Advance)
- Tintin: Destination Adventure (2001; Microsoft Windows, PlayStation)
- Spider-Man 2: The Sinister Six (2001; Game Boy Color)
- Batman: Chaos in Gotham (2001; Game Boy Color)
- Wendy Every Witch Way (2001; Game Boy Color)
- Snoopy Tennis (2001; Game Boy Color)
- Heavy Metal Geomatrix (2001; Dreamcast)
If all of that looks good, fill out the form below and we’ll get things moving along!