Sometimes a dumb idea actually turns into something. You know, like telling your wife that you’re starting a comic publisher. Or not telling her and just kind of doing it until one day neither of you can deny that this is exactly what’s going on.
I’ve never done that. But you know who has? Today’s guest Mark Bernal from Lesser Known Comics. So listen in as I pick his brain about how you can sneaky start a publisher and some of the best parts of doing so as a relative newcomer.
This episode is brought to you in part by Lesser Known Comics. Partly because it just makes too much sense not to do it, and partly because they have a Kickstarter going where you can pick up some print copies of their comics.
Learn such things as:
- What are the benefits of listening to employees?
- How do you just back into running a comic publisher?
- What are some benefits to knowing Patrick Hickey Jr.?
- And so much more!
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
Intro/Outro Music by Best Day, who is probably not very good at baseball.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Zeonic Front with Scott Wachter (Recap From Mercury) - February 26, 2024
- Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game with Kyle Billie (Rad(io) Shorts Podcast) - February 12, 2024
- Gundam Battle Assault 2 with Billy (CommanderCast) - February 5, 2024