The 1990s were a fun time in comics. A lot of the indie comics from the 80s had either run their course or were brought into one of the major publishers. But the indies still existed, and Scud the Disposable Assassin was one of those that came out.
Listen in as Brandon Cruz from Interdimensional RSS comes to talk about how a comic that not a lot of us have probably heard of have lead to (what he and tons of other people have told me) what is one of the best animated things in existence.
Learn such things as:
- How did this not catch on?
- Why didn’t Chris get Rob Schrab to come on the show? Hint, Chris didn’t ask because he’s a big baby.
- What life lessons can you learn from a robot that refuses to kill a being when that is the entire purpose of robot’s existence, and how can you use that lesson to help make yourself a better person overall?
- And so much more!
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use coupon code “PCep82” for 15% off your purchase.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
You can find Brandon over at Interdimensional RSS: The Unofficial Rick and Morty Podcast or @RickAndMortyPod on Twitter. Clone #1 can be found at Apathetic Enthusiasm or on Twitter @Apathusiast. Clone #2 can be found at Submitted For Your Approval or @S4YA_podcast on Twitter.
Music by Best Day, who never had a Sega Saturn. But who did over here?
- Digimon World 2 with Andrew Young (Behold!) - November 26, 2023
- Sword of the Berserk Guts’ Rage with Allen Dunford (Pocus Hocus, Grandma Chainsaws) - November 21, 2023
- Daredevil (2003) with Ryan Eleopoulos (Fake Nerd Podcast) - October 9, 2023