About Play Comics
Play Comics is a podcast focusing on video games based on comics and how well those games represent the source material. Instead of the show focusing on if a game is good or not, the show instead focuses on if the game is a good introduction to the comic.
About the Host
Chris Osborne spent his childhood learning about comic characters from cartoons and video games, but never actually reading the comics themselves. His favorite character growing up was Spider-Man.
Logos and Artwork
The following are general logos for Play Comics. Please download the images and host them somewhere rather than hot linking the images here. The same applies to individual episode art but I’m not going to post them all here in the interest of space. I do have a regular episode cover gallery and bonus episode cover gallery if you want an overview of everything.
Regular episodes of Play Comics are released Sundays at 2 am Eastern. The first episode was released January 2, 2017.
Bonus episodes sometimes take the place of a regular episode, and sometimes are released on another day. The first bonus episode was released on June 14th, 2018.
The following guests are especially notable, but you can also check out a full list of pasts guests.
- Jen Hickman (Jensington.com) is an artist who has worked on titles such as Lonely Receiver, TEST, Moth & Whisper, and Jem and the Holograms.
- Scott Niswander (NerdSync)
- Jimmy Palmiotti (Paper Films) has worked as both a writer and artist on many well known franchises including, but certainly not limited to comic runs of Harley Quinn and Daredevil, television series such as Painkiller Jane and Ultimate Spider-Man, and the video games Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and Marvel Super Hero Squad. Jimmy has appeared on the following episodes.
- Andrew Reiner (Game Informer, The Spectacular Comic Book Podcast)
- Chris Sims (The ISB, War Rocket Ajax, Movie Fighters, Apocrypals, Sailor Business, Xena Warrior Business)
- Miles Stokes (Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men)
- Zac Thompson (The Voice in Your Head Is Mine)
- Behringer UMC404HD
- Zoom H4N Pro for a local recording
- Ennuicastr for online recording/VOIP with guests
- Tracktion T7 DAW
- AKAI MPK Mini Play
- AKAI MPD18
- Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)
- Davinci Resolve
Listener Stats and Sponsorship Opportunities
Listener statistics/demographics/etc are available upon request. As of January 10, 2020 sponsorship opportunities are handled on a case by case basis.