These days when a series is based all around fighting and punching people in the face it’s a surprise when there isn’t a fighting game to go along with it. But did you know that there was a time when Street Fighter II hadn’t come out yet? And that people were making fighting games before it?
Listen in as Andrew Mecha Davis from Popanimecomics joins the show to help take a look at Fist of the North Star 10 Big Brawls for the King of the Universe to help solve the mystery of why this anime hasn’t been bigger in the US. And possibly set a new record for longest Play Comics episode title. I’m too lazy to actually go check on that one though, it just feels right.
Learn such things as:
- Can a story be good if you already know where it’s going?
- Does it really matter who characters are in a fighting game?
- What’s the best way to experience Fist of the North Star?
- And so much more!
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
Intro/Outro Music by Best Day, who doesn’t believe that Game Boys are real.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Zeonic Front with Scott Wachter (Recap From Mercury) - February 26, 2024
- Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game with Kyle Billie (Rad(io) Shorts Podcast) - February 12, 2024
- Gundam Battle Assault 2 with Billy (CommanderCast) - February 5, 2024