Spy stories are spy stories. And yet we still love them. There’s just something about spies that sits well in our hearts. Because in the end, spy stories are about an individual overcoming a situation where everything is stacked against them. So while spy stories might have a lot of the same elements running through them, there’s a big variety in how those elements are used and woven in and out of each other.
Listen in as Cory Byrd from Byrds Eye View Comics helps to take a look at Golgo 13 Top Secret Episode. We discuss his connection to the Japanese culture, manga in general, and Golgo 13 means in the grand scheme of history.
Learn such things as:
- How long can a single comic run last?
- When can being a genre piece really help with getting into a franchise?
- Does it matter if a foreign audience doesn’t have any idea that a game is even based on a licensed property?
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
Intro/Outro Music by Best Day, who is afraid of underwater levels.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Zeonic Front with Scott Wachter (Recap From Mercury) - February 26, 2024
- Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game with Kyle Billie (Rad(io) Shorts Podcast) - February 12, 2024
- Gundam Battle Assault 2 with Billy (CommanderCast) - February 5, 2024