One of the best things about comics, especially lately, is the amount of creator diversity we’ve been able to get. So it warms my heart when we can get a collection bringing together a bunch of creators that don’t normally have a chance to get together for this specific reason. And what is that reason?
Well, we’re taking a look at Sensory: Life on the Spectrum with Bex Ollerton to take a look at her book giving creators with Autism a space to share their experiences. And I use her in the loosest sense of the word because a lot of people helped out in making this happen.
Learn such things as:
- How do you wrangle a bunch of creators into getting something put together?
- Is it a good idea to do this kind of Kickstarter project by yourself?
- How far into the episode can I last before bringing up Michi?
- And so much more!
You can find Bex on Twitter @Schnumn, and if you want to help support Bex and her work check out her Patreon @Schnumn. And of course be sure to check out where you can buy Sensory: Life on the Spectrum for yourself or someone that you know who you think needs to read it.
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
Intro/Outro Music by Best Day, who plays Super Nintendo with a Saturn controller.
- Digimon World 2 with Andrew Young (Behold!) - November 26, 2023
- Sword of the Berserk Guts’ Rage with Allen Dunford (Pocus Hocus, Grandma Chainsaws) - November 21, 2023
- Daredevil (2003) with Ryan Eleopoulos (Fake Nerd Podcast) - October 9, 2023