I have a feeling we’re about to start hitting a bunch of manga based games. Might as well make one of the early rounds of that be a boxing game. My ability to think of any more boxing puns is on the down for the count so let’s be serious. Today we’re taking a look at Victorious Boxers: Ippo’s Road to Glory.
I’ve got Trevor H from Catching Up on Cinema to help guide me through this one and possibly maybe get my pronunciation a bit better.
Learn such things as:
- Why aren’t I making a tag for every playable character? Here’s a hint
- Can you have too much fan service?
- What happens when a silly licensed game has better mechanics than a simulator?
- And so much more!
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
Music by Best Day, who likes to wear boxing gloves on his feet.
- No New Episode This Week - February 18, 2024
- Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game with Kyle Billie (Rad(io) Shorts Podcast) - February 12, 2024
- Gundam Battle Assault 2 with Billy (CommanderCast) - February 5, 2024