Transformers isn’t a new thing. They’d been around since the 1980s. They’d had games come out in Japan. They’d had games come out on computers in America. But somehow this is the first version of the franchise that got a console game over here. Why? This makes no sense?
Josh Garvey from the internet (ooooooh) comes by the show to take a look at Beast Wars Transmetals and to help catch me up on Transformers things since watching the cartoons is pretty much all I’ve ever done with them.
Learn such things as:
- The fluidity of time and how that really messes with the history books.
- The impossible nature of making new characters that won’t immediately remind people of other, already established characters.
- The way a toy franchise whose previous
commercialcartoon was based on making new characters, and thus new toys, adapts to a show with a very small number of characters.
- And so much more!
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
You can find Josh on Twitter @joshgarvey and in some of the best places on the internet if you’re lucky. But you’ll have to find those yourself.
Music by Best Day, who would probably watch Transmorphers anyway.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Zeonic Front with Scott Wachter (Recap From Mercury) - February 26, 2024
- Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game with Kyle Billie (Rad(io) Shorts Podcast) - February 12, 2024
- Gundam Battle Assault 2 with Billy (CommanderCast) - February 5, 2024