Sometimes you just can’t help but take a look at something you missed on purpose. Like here, where I wouldn’t normally look at arcade only releases. But it’s Spider-Man and someone asked about it and who am I to let the fans down?
Listen in as The Well Red Mage from Mage Cast joins the show to take a look at the Spider-Man arcade game that so many of us missed growing up. Which sucks because we could have had some more 4 player action going.
Learn such things as:
- What does Namor have to do with any of this?
- Did this game even stand a chance with what else was coming out around the same time?
- Why haven’t we seen a home console port of this one yet?
- And so much more!
You can find Red on Twitter @theWellRedMage, Twitch @thewellredmage, his website The Pixels (which includes his podcast Mage Cast), and he’s helping out as the Director of Content for NES Pro Magazine.
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
Intro/Outro Music by Best Day, who probably would have had this episode out weeks ago.
- Digimon World 2 with Andrew Young (Behold!) - November 26, 2023
- Sword of the Berserk Guts’ Rage with Allen Dunford (Pocus Hocus, Grandma Chainsaws) - November 21, 2023
- Daredevil (2003) with Ryan Eleopoulos (Fake Nerd Podcast) - October 9, 2023