Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podchaser | TuneIn | RSS
Sometimes I just get confused when it comes to localization decisions. Why can’t we get the manga license with our games? Did they think we wouldn’t like a plane based shooter because it had a comic with it that we didn’t recognize?
Good thing that I have Steampunk Link and Emmy Zero from SNEScapades here to help straighten things up. Listen in as we try to solve this and other mysterious aspects of this early SNES Era gem.
Learn such things as:
- Why can’t games based on rather obscure manga just keep their name when the game comes out in the US?
- Do we really need a backstory when the game itself is so simple and quite frankly rather self explanatory?
- Does the Mega Man release schedule make sense to anyone?
- And so much more!
You can find the Steampunk Link on Twitter @SNEScapades, Instagram @SNEScapades and the SNEScapades podcast website.
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
You can find Play Comics @playcomicscast on Twitter and in the Play Comics Podcast Fan Group on Facebook.
A big thanks to For Nerds By Nerds, as well as The Nerd Alternative for the promos today.
Intro/Outro Music by Best Day, who probably doesn’t know how to fly a plane.
- Spider-Man 2 (2004) with Keifer Lirette (Select and Start) - May 30, 2023
- Golgo 13 Top Secret Episode with Cory Byrd (Byrds Eye View Comics) - May 22, 2023
- Cowabunga Collection with Anythony Sytko (Capes on the Couch) - April 30, 2023