Wolverine is everywhere and there’s nothing we can do about it because he’s popular and makes money for Marvel and why wouldn’t they keep using a character that’s popular partly because he’s used so much and always in front of consumer’s faces?
That’s what we explore this week with Didge from Geekset Podcast. Listen in as we discuss the prevalence of Wolverine and some surprising omissions from the villains in the Game Boy Color game Wolverine’s Rage.
Be sure to visit Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men to see how you can help support people effected by Florida’s recent passing of HB1557, commonly known as the “don’t say gay” bill.
Learn such things as:
- How can you really implement a healing factor into a video game?
- When is it better to just understand your limitations and not try to do something?
- Do you really need a story when the main selling point is using the playable character?
- And so much more!
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
If you want to help support the show check out the Play Comics Patreon page or head over to the Support page if you want to go another route. You can also check out the Play Comics Merch Store. Use the coupon code “ireadshownotes” for 15% off your order.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
Intro/Outro Music by Best Day, who is still just a rat in a cage.
- Digimon World 2 with Andrew Young (Behold!) - November 26, 2023
- Sword of the Berserk Guts’ Rage with Allen Dunford (Pocus Hocus, Grandma Chainsaws) - November 21, 2023
- Daredevil (2003) with Ryan Eleopoulos (Fake Nerd Podcast) - October 9, 2023