In another bonus episode that’s totally not just to manipulate the numbering so I can pull something off later (that’s a lie and we all know it but we’ll roll with it anyway) Kayleigh Osborne comes back to take a look at one of the world’s most well known and important comic characters. Theatrical films, cartoons from multiple decades, and running pretty much since the 1930s.
Yup, it’s Tintin. Take a listen as Kayleigh joins to talk about this comic franchise that somehow just hasn’t caught on in the US yet. We never do figure out why it hasn’t.
Learn such things as:
- What good reason is there for this one never catching on here?
- How important are Franco-Belgian comics?
- Do we have a new most accurate game adaptation?
- And much more!
YouTube Clips mentioned in the show:
- The Seven Crystal Balls 1990s cartoon
- Prisoners of the Sun 1990s cartoon
- The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun 1960s cartoon
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
You can find Kayleigh on newer episodes of Meddling Kids where she talks to Chris about Scooby Doo related things.
Music by Best Day, who can be a talking cat if he that’s what he wants to do.