The X-Men return with an arcade game that came to home consoles a mere 18 years later based on a cartoon pilot that eventually became our beloved 90s X-Men cartoon. Listen as Chris is joined by John Horsley and Kenric Reagan of Spoiler Country take a look at this gem of the 90s arcade world.
Learn such things as:
- What happens when you base a game on a show that barely exists? (Yeah, I know we said this last time. It still applies.)
- Which guest had an unfair advantage when it came to arcade playing cash?
- Who really deserves to be remembered better from the playable roster?
- The Stan Lee interviews that we talk about? They’re real! Jim Lee and Chris Claremont
- And so much more!
BREAKING NEWS!: I love Twitter and its ability to quickly find information. Thanks to @KingImpulse for putting out the call to see who did the sweet sweet art for the X-Men cabinet, to @barelysushi, @calamityjon, @juggergrim, @Gojira007X, and @talestoenrage for answering that call, and to @rusty_shackles for actually figuring it out. Check out his tweet here and bask in all of it’s glory!
If I missed anyone then just know that these shownotes were written up the Thursday before this episode released, so you probably just answered after I wrote them. But know that I think you’re super cool as well.
And now back to your regularly scheduled show notes.
If you want to be a guest on the show please check out the Be a A Guest on the Show page and let me know what you’re interested in.
Play Comics is part of the Gonna Geek Network, which is a wonderful collection of geeky podcasts. Be sure to check out the other shows on Gonna Geek if you need more of a nerd fix.
Thanks to Scott of NerdSync for that sweet sweet intro drop.
Music by Best Day, who makes music almost as good as my Brussels sprouts.
- No New Episode This Week - February 18, 2024
- Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game with Kyle Billie (Rad(io) Shorts Podcast) - February 12, 2024
- Gundam Battle Assault 2 with Billy (CommanderCast) - February 5, 2024